Monday 29 April 2013

More subtle shades of Jewel Enamel UTEE

I have had the melt pot out quite a bit recently experimenting with paler colours with a transparent or translucent finish.
I created some simple shapes and wanted to make them into something. I have created some buttons using a soldering iron to melt the holes although as yet all my experiments have not really done justice to the UTEE so I have done lots of taking part in the last week. You can't drill UTEE it is far too brittle so either melt a hole or glue on a bail unless you are a wireworker and you could wrap a piece.
I have also unearthed my seedbead spinner which I really enjoy using. I adore the range of colours seed beads come in and have been using them to thread onto rather than using a chain.
Today I had to be up very early and the light was great so I finished off the seedbead work and took some photos.
Copper feather pendant
this was created using clear in the melt pot and then a small amount of copper added
the mix was poured onto a texture tread and cut out
a mix of amber toned seedbeads completes the look

subtle shimmer purple puffy heart
this is a dusky mauve with a very subtle shimmer which gives an inner shiller type effect

Lilac feather texture pendant
again this is a texture pour finished with  double row of white, clear and lilac seed beads

the original faux sea glass pendant
this is the one that started my experiments.

These pieces are so lightweight they are perfect for summer jewellery