Wednesday 24 April 2019

summer cardigan

A few weeks ago I was in my local Hobbycraft and came across Sirdar No1 stonewashed aran yarn. It is so soft and I fell in love with the Used Blue colour.
Totally unlike me I bought enough for a cardigan even though it was more than I would usually pay per ball - it saddens me how expensive yarn has become.
However - having bought the yarn I then had to find a pattern and to be honest none of my numerous patterns were summery enough so I  downloaded Sirdar's own summer cardigan which is actually a very quick knit - all plain with a slightly  unusual rib feature.
 The yarn knits up very quickly so within a couple of weeks I had finished and here is the result.



I love it - the cardigan is super soft and very lightweight - perfect for a British summer!

There are 7 buttons so I decided to make my own with polymer clay.
I used a mix of blue, pink and white which I marbled and am very happy with the result. The extra pop of colour makes them stand out rather than just match.

I rather like the washed denim in the range so might be tempter to make another!