Thursday 2 January 2014

New Year Resolutions

Christmas seems to take over crafters. I spent lots of time making cards - which anyone who knows me will probably be rolling round laughing all over the floor about...you might even have received one...they were a bit like hen's teeth tho'!
I am not very good with shape and space as Maths teachers call it...I seem to be a bit 3D challenged and apparently I get it from my mum who also cannot open a packet, carton or paper bag to save her life. So you can see why card making is also a challenge but this year I did make about 25. And much blood sweat and tears was involved!!

I also received some treats......


plenty of friendly plastic to keep me going and to help me develop my skills







a resin starter kit 


a couple of new moulds
this one will make a super pendant


a filigree heart









and more jewel enamel than I have room for!!


So my resolutions for this year are:
1. to get much better at creating things with Friendly plastic and use it across a variety of media

2. To learn how to use and make jewellery with Resin

3. To be more inventive with the way I use UTEE jewel enamel.

As a way of making sure that I do expand my creativity I have been through my box of bits and bobs of odd pourings, extra pours and experimental pieces. I sorted by colour and realised that I make a vast amount of blue, usually leaning towards the teal end. I hardly ever use the metallics apart from as an accent and I rarely melt straight into a bezel. This is probably because I like using the bezels as moulds but I have so many other moulds now that I really do not need to do that so could afford to give away plenty more pendants created straight into the bezel itself.
a mix of blue and green with silver accents created straight into the bezel


Talking of giving away - I am going to approach a friend who creates cards for a local hospice and donate some of my makes to be sold. I cannot store anymore made up pieces so need some space and a hospice seems the ideal charity to support.