Friday 29 November 2013

Christmas present exchange

One of the Facebook groups that I belong to decided to have a Secret Santa gift exchange where we would all make for each other.
I have been extremely lucky to be the recipient of a wonderful piece by a very talented wireworker Rachel Norris. This is the piece she has made for me - he is a cute 5cm tall copper pusscat brooch with twinkly eyes and pert whiskers. I am thrilled with him


 I made this fully loaded charm bracelet for my friend Tina who loves jangly things and dragonflies.
I used gunmetal findings and chain


The purple/blue beads are handmade from UTEE jewel enamel with mother of pearl rounds, faceted shell pearls and dragonfly charms.

To create the colour for the beads I used two colours blue sapphire and amethyst purple and clear, gently mixed and swirled to give a tanzanite blue

the beads are made using a headpin and adding layers of UTEE in what is called a Leandra bead


I then rolled down the headpin to create charms which I added to the bracelet.

I also made a focal bead for a pendant and some simple earrings - although by this time the colour had gone quite dark and looked more like Iolite


I decided to make the focal bead into a charm necklace


I'm happy with the results and very pleased that Tina really loves it.


a close up of the bracelet