Wednesday 30 October 2013

Large Wreath

I have so enjoyed making and using my little Autumn wreath that I decided to create a larger one for the Christmas season.
I bought a large vine ring from Hobbycraft and a couple of chocolate moulds with a Christmas theme.



The colour scheme of my decorations is smoky blue and silver leaning towards a turquoise in the dining room.
I used both of my Ranger melt pots - one with a light silver and the other with a mix of aquamarine and sapphire blue.



I added small amounts of mica powder in silver and blue to create the variations in colour.
The multiple chocolate moulds meant I could pour quite a few in one go. I added a fine silver craft glitter to the moulds before pouring for that added bling!
The large Christmas trees are from a themed  mould bought from Jewellery Maker TV



The final touch is a three coloured bow.



here is a close up of the different pieces



I'm quite pleased with the result