Wednesday 6 March 2019

A New Adventure

So after more than 30 years I have bought myself a new sewing machine.
My old one was perfectly adequate for my sewing needs and totally capable of tackling most projects I might try.
However I have alway wanted to try stretch fabrics and have often toyed with getting an overlocker but never invested in one mainly because it is yet another machine to store. A couple of months ago I saw on offer for a standard Butterick sewing machine that was so good I couldn't resist and it has a range of stitches designed for stretch fabrics plus embriodery stitiches and so much more to explore

At the start of February I went with my daughter to a craft fair at Event City Manchester and as usual we paid a visit to a wondeful stand DotsnStripes to look at the beautiful european fabrics.
Of course now with my new machine I could buy and sew these wonderful fabrics so I bought a half metre of sweatshirt material and a pattern to make a hoodie for my grandson Joel.
The pattern is brilliant and although in the European style ( you have to add your own seam allowance and trace the pattern off the card) it was very easy to follow.


I have totally enjoyed making this and after a busy few weeks with the day job I will be tackling my next project - jogging pants and a top for Joel.