Monday 24 February 2014

Cherry Ripe

A few weeks ago I bought some lovely little cherry charms in a gold colour. I knew I wanted to make a charm bracelet for spring but couldn't think what else to add.
Then I bought a great mould for lips - I was intending them for hair clips but realised they would be great fun as charms made from UTEE jewel enamel so it was time to get out the melt pot.

I needed to make a really bright red so used just a couple of drops of red melt ink in clear UTEE and for fun added bright red glitter


the lips mould is very flexible and makes four at once which speeds up the process


I embedded short gold ball headpins to roll down



when I carefully heat polished the lips the glitter became even more BLING making the lips look quite juicy

I hand made a two by two chain for the bracelet and added the charms


I decided that it needed a contrast colour so found some flat black onyx faceted discs

I had three lips left and did think about earrings but finally decided on a long chain with a fully loaded dangle on the end





cherry lips charm bracelet and necklace



I had some jewel enamel left and had left it to solidify in the melt pot.  I returned to the pot and heated it up to try a couple of experiments.  I had bought some vintage steam punk effect keys and clock faces quite a while ago and not really thought of a project. I decided to see what they would look like with UTEE poured over the back surface to show through. 
I managed to pour just to cover the clock face but the key spread a bit so before it got too cold I used a sharp blade to cut off the excess and then carefully used the heat gun to neaten it up.

the final small bit of red I used in one of my lovely figured heart moulds and when cold used gold gleam wax which I buffed up once set.